“Given the poor hand we’ve been dealt, financial exigency is the only tool for us. It will allow us to prepare a plan for continuing our mission,” UA President Jim Johnsen told the board of regents. “None of us wants to be here today, and as I look at the faces of our students, faculty and staff — their anxiety and their loss — I wonder, how can our university, something so great, that has been built up by so many for so long, be crippled by so few so quickly?"
In The News
The woman said she felt fire on the back of her head as she turned onto Badger Road, according to a criminal complaint filed in Fairbanks court.
Composing In The Wilderness enters its eighth year this summer, a unique collaboration between Fairbanks Summer Arts Festival, National Park Service, Alaska Geographic and the U.S. Forest Service.
Latest News from The Associated Press
- Suspension lifted on boxer who planted kiss on reporter
- Hundreds of balls found in Lake Michigan from golf course
- Looking to declaw your cat? Don't look in New York anymore
- Equifax to pay up to $700M in data breach settlement
- Correction: Military-Hyperfit Women story
- Le Batard absent from radio show after assailing Trump, ESPN
- Correction: Mental Health Day story
- Heat and humidity grip East Coast as Midwest gets reprieve
- US hotels caught in fight over housing detained migrants
- In some states, GOP sees the recall as its way back to power